The Yadkin County Board of Commissioners adopted a grant decision at its Jan. 19 assembly authorizing a $288,375 grant from the NC Division of Commerce.
The grant funds will likely be used for an extension of the 601 waterline as a part of an financial improvement enlargement mission for a present enterprise on U.S. 601. The grant will fund 75 % of the mission with the remaining 25 % of funding coming from Golden Leaf funds.
Additionally accredited by the board was a contract with the North Carolina Alliance of Public Well being Companies for a social employee for the Care Supervisor Program.
The following assembly of the Yadkin County Board of Commissioners will likely be at 9 a.m. Feb. 1.
Kitsey Burns Harrison could also be reached at 336-258-4035 or on Twitter @RippleReporterK.